investments

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.

investments

Postby tmcginn95 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi I.m TM
I am 73yrs old and I have my IRA retirement money in Vanguards Total Retirement Income.Since this is an app. 30/stock 70/bond split I am concerned on the Bond side going forward. I use the RMD withdrawal as discretionary income at this time. I want to continue my conservative profile if possible.
tmcginn95

Re: investments

Postby RyeWhiskey » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm

tmcginn95 wrote:Hi I.m TM
I am 73yrs old and I have my IRA retirement money in Vanguards Total Retirement Income.Since this is an app. 30/stock 70/bond split I am concerned on the Bond side going forward. I use the RMD withdrawal as discretionary income at this time. I want to continue my conservative profile if possible.

I'm sorry but I'm failing to see your question. If you'd like, you can use the format which is outlined here for better results. :beer
whiskeyfinance - personal finance for the poor: https://whiskeyfinance.wordpress.com/
RyeWhiskey

Re: investments

Postby Khanmots » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Perhaps you could expand on what your concerns are about your bonds? If you're concerned about things like a drop in price, be sure to try to quantify how large of a drop (or whatever) you're concerned about.
Khanmots

Vanguard Target Retirement Income Fund.

Postby Taylor Larimore » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm

tmcginn95 wrote:Hi I.m TM

TM:

You are concerned about your "Bond side" where the worst annual return for Total Bond Market was -3%. I would be more concerned about your "Stock side" where the worst annual return since 1926 was -43%

In my opinion, Vanguard's Target Retirement Income Fund, designed by Vanguard experts, is nearly ideal for most retirees.

Stay the course and best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Return to Investing - Help with Personal Investments