Books to read

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.

Books to read

Postby coldman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm

I am looking at different books to read. Is the Aftershock Investor a good one? Please share other easy to read titles.
coldman

Re: Books to read

Postby NAVigator » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm

This book is based on the success of the authors' past predictions, so its value depends on their current predictions. Predictions in the stock market are not all that reliable. Just look at the records of people over the past decade or two. Some stars have fallen in disgrace and other unknowns have risen to take there place. So, just who do you trust enough to follow?

I would recommend reading books that Inform and instruct you how to break that prediction approach and instead follow what works over the long-run. That is the Boglehead approach. You can find a collection of quotes that give a taste of various books using this philospophy in Taylor Larimore's Investment Gems.

Best wishes,
Jerry
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
NAVigator

Postby CyberBob » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Check out the wiki page Books: Recommendations and Reviews.

Bob
CyberBob

Postby ruralavalon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Here is another reading list, start with the General Investing section -- http://www.bogleheads.org/readbooks.htm .
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started
ruralavalon

Return to Investing - Help with Personal Investments